Middletown Chamber Luncheon
Thursday, Oct 12, 2017
11:30am - 1:00pm
Judy Lambeth, recognized nationally for her work with abused and neglected children, has spent 43 years at Maryhurst. She has served as Maryhurst’s Chief Executive Officer since 1990, overseeing many facets of the organization, including a residential treatment program, community-based programs, foster care and adoption services, and outpatient and in-home services for children in the greatest need.
Judy, a passionate advocate for children and highly respected among state officials, local leaders, and peers, has served in leadership positions in the field of child welfare at the national, state, and local levels and as a mentor for the management and staff of numerous non-profit and child-caring agencies. In June 2006, ABC News and Diane Sawyer featured Maryhurst and interviews with Judy as part of a series on foster care in America. ABC News returned to Maryhurst in 2012 to highlight Maryhurst’s efforts to battle the overuse of psychotropic medications for children in foster care.
Judy has received the following awards and recognition's:
- 2017 Tower Award for Service & Advocacy
- Honored as one of the Center for Women and Families 2014 Women of Distinction
- Today’s Woman 2007 Most Admired Woman (Nonprofits)
- Younger Woman’s Club 2007 Citizen Laureate
- Leadership Louisville’s 100 Wise Women
- Nominee, Business and Professional Women’s 2000 Woman of Achievement Award
Event LocationCelebration Hall, 11711 Main Street
Louisville, KY, 40243